Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join our kick arse finance team who has ambitions to become a trained management accountant. The successful candidate will be working directly with Finance Team to help build out the finance function whilst being given heaps of experience, responsibility and autonomy from day one. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a high-growth, high-performing, data driven start-up with prospects of rapid career growth and learning.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Help build out processes and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting
- Keeping track of transactions, processing invoices and reconciling bank accounts
- Taking ownership of the accounts payable function
- Assist in producing monthly management accounts and putting accounting knowledge into practice
- Take ownership of the financial relationship between Drover and its suppliers, including all communication
- Partner with our software development team to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely information
- 1-2 years of work experience, ideally in a finance function
- Understanding of accounting principles and ideally studying towards a ACCA / ACA / AAT/ CIMA (sponsorship from Drover available)
- Strong excel skills (e.g ability to do VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables and basic IF statements)
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest down, where next...?)