Junior Financial Accountant
Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
Drover operates a marketplace with a complex payments system. The demand side of the technology platform is integrated with multiple payment providers, including Stripe and GoCardless. The supply side consists of outgoing payments to our fleet partners and third-party ancillary product providers. Reconciling both sides leads to a number of cash flow and timing dynamics, which need to be carefully monitored and measured, which this role is primarily focused on.
What you can expect to be doing:
- TRANSACTIONAL: Responsible for posting the supplier payments in Xero and support with the revenue reconciliation, liaising with the data team and other departments. The successful candidate will have strong accounting knowledge and have an attention to details.
- MONTH END and MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING: Support with the Balance Sheet reconciliation and assist the finance team with the preparation of the management account pack including preparation of the Profit & Loss statement, along with preparation of quarterly VAT returns and tax projects.
- REPORTING: Providing our key fleet partners with visibility into their earnings and fleet utilisation, in combination with internal reporting such as analysing and monitoring the behaviour of customer payments.
- SYSTEM PROCESS: Assisting with the development of internal system changes, to support the accuracy in measuring and timing of our trading activities
- At least 2 years experience in a relevant accounting role
- Some ACCA or ACA exams/qualifications
- Revenue reconciliation experience
- Assisting with P&L and Balance sheet reconciliation
- Strong excel skills (e.g ability to do VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables and basic IF statements)
- Accurate, organised and hardworking
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile high growth start up
NICE TO HAVES
- Fluent in French
- Xero experience
- SQL experience
- Stripe exposure
- Inter-company and balance sheet reconciliation
- Cash flow experience
- Work in a fast-paced startup where every day brings a new challenge
- A world-class team made up of serial entrepreneurs, alumni from companies like Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, WeWork & most importantly, you!
- Autonomy to work how you work best, without micromanagement
- The opportunity to make an impact and influence the whole company, whatever your role
- All the tools, equipment and support you need to thrive
- Breakfast provided every morning
- Healthy snacks every day and free lunch on Fridays
- Competitive salary
- Car subscription allowance
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Private health insurance
- Phone insurance
- Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Perkbox
- We’re proactive and take ownership of problems
- We set our own agenda
- We’re ambitious and unafraid to try
- We voice our opinions and listen to those of others
- We judge ideas on merit rather than who they came from
- We all have our own interests, yours doesn’t have to be cars
- We accept feedback of all forms - ultimately it makes you better at your job
- We’re a cohesive unit and are here if times get tough