Senior Backend Developer
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
To accelerate our growth and help us expand our product offerings, we are looking to add a Senior Backend Developer to our team. In this role, you will work on standalone projects of key priority to the business in an agile environment, continuously releasing in order to test, adapt and redeploy in the shortest possible release cycles.
- 3+ years’ experience developing bulletproof user-facing and internal product
- Substantial experience in an object-oriented programming language and web development
- Knowledge of and/or passion for Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience of automated testing and TDD
- Excellent problem-solver with an ability to learn quickly
- Effective communicator and strong team-working skills
- Entrepreneurial working style, comfortable with constantly changing priorities
- Excellent organisational skills and experience
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Health & Life Insurance
- Awesome startup office on a central location
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest down, where next...?)