Head / Director of Customer Service
UK start-up launching a new office!
Drover is a London-based venture capital-backed marketplace startup offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
Our 130-strong team work out of our London and Lisbon offices and we are now in the process of opening a 3rd office for Drover in Bucharest. In this new office, we are busy building out an energetic, proactive Customer Service team and we are looking for a seasoned leader to spearhead this effort. If the idea of building out a 100-person team in the next 2 years sounds exciting to you, keep reading!
As our Head / Director of Customer Service, you will:
- hire and manage a diverse, talented and high-potential team
- continuously analyse our operating data and implement world-class best practices and workflows to ensure we stay focused on our customers' experience with us as we scale
- champion a customer-obsessed culture across the entire company
- challenge yourself to improve all relevant KPIs incl. response times, customer satisfaction, TrustPilot rating, etc.
This is a career-defining leadership position for the rare breed of leader who is passionate about gold-star customer service and who people feel inspired by and love working for.
- A high level of fluency in English and Romanian
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading university in Romania or abroad
- Substantial experience building and leading a 30+ team of customer service agents
- A fantastic people manager: people love working for you and accelerate their careers under you
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Solid analytical ability and general confidence when it comes to dealing with complex operating data - knowledge of Excel and SQL strongly preferred
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- A highly competitive salary
- A career-defining opportunity at an exciting, dynamic startup
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s most exciting companies (Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment
- 25 days’ holiday plus all public holidays
- benefitonline.ro subscription
- Health Insurance and meal tickets
- Free snacks and breakfast every day, catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)