Front End Developer (Lisbon)
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We have opened a second HQ for Drover in Lisbon, Portugal, a few months ago and have hired a world-class tech team based in this brand new office. We are now looking to add a talented Front End Developer to their team. As a member of the Front End team at Drover, you will be working closely with our product managers, designers and backend developers in an agile environment, continuously releasing in order to test, adapt and redeploy in the shortest possible release cycles.
- 2-3 years of front end development experience, ideally in a high growth startup environment
- Demonstrable experience building easy to use and beautiful websites
- Experience with React Isomorphic / Universal apps - a plus
- Experience with or a keen interest in hybrid mobile frameworks such as React Native, Ionic or Xamarin
- Excellent knowledge of responsive layout (Bootstrap Framework) across Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
- Good understanding of website optimisation and SEO principles
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and the best solutions for resolving them
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and a multi-tasker
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Previous experience with Ruby on Rails - a plus
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Health & Life Insurance
- Awesome startup office on a central location
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest down, where next...?)