Apprentice - Data Analyst
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We are now looking for an Apprentice Data Analyst to join our busy Core Services team in London. Data is at the heart of strategy at Drover, so expect to make a meaningful contribution here and to learn a lot very quickly!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working with developers you will be responsible for monitoring data flows throughout the Drover system. The billing, payments and insurance systems run autonomously but keen eyes and a head for figures are needed to help diagnose and fix problems as they arise. You will use a range of data science techniques across a variety of projects.
Here are some examples of daily tasks:
- Payment collections: monitor payments systems and diagnose issues
- Insurance: ensure all our bookings have appropriate cover
- Check delinquency levels - monitor billing and delinquency system, analyse patterns
The role will be based within the Core Services tech team but you will help triage issues which may involve dealing with other stakeholders such as Customer Experience, Booking Operations, Risk, Finance and the Product Teams.
*NOTE - We are partnering with Arch Apprentices for this position so please follow this link to apply - https://www.archapprentices.co.uk/application-form/?role_id=10686
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people”. We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed her
- Maths GCSE, A level Maths advantageous
- Desirable: Design & Technology/Computer Science GCSE
- A passion for Data is essential!
- You’ll have a strong can-do work ethic
- You’re a real teammate with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and hungry to achieve.
- A competitive salary
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?