Talent Acquisition Manager
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
As our Talent Acquisition Lead, you will partner with our functional leadership from Engineering to Sales in order to understand their headcount needs and work with them to recruit a steady flow of top-notch candidates into Drover. Reporting to our VP People & Talent, you will take charge of our entire talent function on day 1. In particular, you will:
- Help build an enviable employer brand including managing social media accounts and crafting engaging job descriptions that attract a diverse set of candidates
- Source candidates from a variety of channels, screen inbound applications
- Fine-tune our interview structures and processes to mitigate interviewer biases
- Coordinate and participate in interviews: at Drover, Talent takes a substantive role in recruitment, not merely an administrative one
- Negotiate compensation packages and close candidates
- Refine our recruitment reporting so we can make smart, informed iterations to our processes
After 3 months in the role, success would look like the following:
- You’ll have earned the trust and respect of our junior recruiter Mario who you will be managing, as well as key functional heads across the business
- You’ll have filled 5-10 key vacancies
In addition to our London HQ, we have a fast growing office in Lisbon - get excited for some travel if that’s your thing! If you're currently a star mid-level recruiter looking for a lead role with a more diverse set of vacancies in a dynamic, fast-growth environment, this is the one for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline - preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in an internal recruiting role in a high-growth tech startup (Note: if you're an agency recruiter, you will have worked with tech startups or bigtech)
- You take pride in being commercially astute and understanding the businesses you recruit for: you know their business model, how they make money, who their key customers / suppliers / partners are
- You are driven and ambitious: you love recruitment and want to become the best at it
- You thrive in an unstructured environment and don’t mind ambiguity or changing priorities
- A people person with excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- A highly organised individual who can manage a jam-packed calendar
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)