Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
Drover operates a marketplace with a complex payments system. As Drover grows, the complexity of our marketplace, and therefore our payments, grows. This means we need to build a finance team that can scale and grow with the company. This is where this role comes in. We are looking for a hard working, driven, growth minded finance assistant to join our ever growing finance team to support our fantastic finance team, and wider teams as we scale.
- Payment runs: responsible for reviewing outstanding bills, utilising the system to work through the payable list and processing payments through our banking provider
- Invoice processing: accurately process high number of invoices in our system "Receipt Bank" and ensuring the correct department approves accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Supplier queries: dealing with queries over the phone or email. reconciling statements, checking invoice status' and chasing approvals. First point of contact for suppliers issues with anything payment related.
- Payments inbox: take ownership of the finance inbox, processing invoices into ReceiptBank and Xero, keeping on top of all email communications.
- Staff expenses: review expense requests, check receipts & liaise with employees on queries.
- KYC checks: perform KYC checks on new suppliers
- A relevant degree from a top university
- 1-2 years experience working in a finance department
- Detail oriented
- Process driven
- Able to prioritise well
- Collaborative, but able to take own initiative and work independently
- Growth minded, always looking at how to improve things, and what else there is to learn
- Working towards, or desire to work towards professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA)
Nice to Haves
- start-up experience
- Work in a fast-paced startup where every day brings a new challenge
- A world-class team made up of serial entrepreneurs, alumni from companies like Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, WeWork & most importantly, you!
- Autonomy to work how you work best, without micromanagement
- The opportunity to make an impact and influence the whole company, whatever your role
- All the tools, equipment and support you need to thrive
- Breakfast provided every morning
- Healthy snacks every day and free lunch on Fridays
- Competitive salary
- Car subscription allowance
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Private health insurance
- Phone insurance
- Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Perkbox
- We’re proactive and take ownership of problems.
- We set our own agenda
- We’re ambitious and unafraid to try
- We voice our opinions and listen to those of others
- We judge ideas on merit rather than who they came from
- We all have our own interests, yours doesn’t have to be cars
- We accept feedback of all forms - ultimately it makes you better at your job
- We’re a cohesive unit and are here if times get tough