Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
Due to our continued success, we are now looking for a Compliance Lead to join our expanding Insurance and Risk team. In this role, you will be responsible for fostering a "risk-aware" company-wide culture where colleagues have good knowledge of regulatory requirements and these are fed into business practices
- Develop and implement internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure company compliance with GDPR, AML, Consumer Credit Act, FCA rules and any other relevant regulations.
- Oversee and evaluate the efficiency of these internal controls, policies and procedures and look to improve them continuously.
- Undertake research to answer emerging regulatory questions and to keep abreast of developments inside and outside of the company including future business ventures. Advise the business which regulatory questions are high risk or complex enough to warrant seeking legal counsel.
- Monitor compliance of data protection laws, performing information audits and advising the company on best practice.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Take ownership of legal documents such as T&Cs, IDDs, and sign-off on new versions.
- Working knowledge of Insurance Regulation & Consumer Credit Act: Regulated Consumer Hire & Credit Broking
- 3-4 Years in compliance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- A people person with excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- An organised individual with strong attention to detail
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- Highly generous parental leave policy!
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- "GoDrive" - Drover credit to put towards your very own car!
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays (pro rata)
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- VitalityHealth insurance
- Startup style office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free snacks and breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays