Apprentice - Technical Operations
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We are now looking for an Apprentice within Technical Operations to join our busy Core Services team in London. This is a critical team at Drover, so expect to make a meaningful contribution here and to learn a lot very quickly!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working with multiple business units you will be responsible for helping diagnose and fix problems as they arise. You will use a range of techniques across a variety of projects.
Here are some examples of daily tasks:
- Managing Jira Service Desk
- Liaising with all departments and key stakeholders
- Risk analysis of business products (Insurance, Billing ect)
- Ensuring business continuity and efficiency of tech processes
- Recording of infrastructure hardware and software
- Meeting Service Line Agreements (SLA’s)
- Recording best practice (in the form of knowledge base articles)
- Escalation of priority tickets to development and product teams
- Assisting with knowledge sharing to new joiners
The role will be based within the Core Services tech team but you will help triage issues which may involve dealing with other stakeholders such as Customer Experience, Booking Operations, Risk, Finance and the Product Teams.
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people”. We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here!
- IT related GCSE, A level in an IT field advantageous
- A passion for tech is essential!
- You’ll have a strong can-do work ethic
- You’re a real teammate with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and hungry to achieve.
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?