Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
As our VP Product, you’ll take complete ownership of all things product at Drover, manage and mentor or product manager(s) and product designer, and work with our team of ten engineers and external partners to get our product to the next level. You’ll own our product strategy and vision and help the team strive for excellence in delivering superb customer experiences for our customers and fleet partners. From day one, you’ll tackle new problems, address new challenges, and find new, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand, whether you’re working on a customer-facing feature or an internal tool that will help us scale faster.
- Proven experience in online product management, overseeing a dedicated team and managing product prioritisation, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing and internal functionality, ideally at a high-growth startup/scale-up
- Proven experience line-managing and coaching product managers
- Proven experience in executing product strategy across multiple feature teams
- Proven experience working successfully with external or remote developer teams or agencies
- A solid track record of delivering aesthetically top-notch and highly efficient customer-facing product with a laser sharp focus on research, data-driven decision-making and customer-obsessed design
- An impressive and documented ability to present a bold, passionate product vision and spark an infectious, cult-like excitement for the outcome among all stakeholders
- Very strong analytical and technical skills with an ability to define, analyse, challenge or be challenged on metrics that measure the success of products
- The sort of personality who thrives in an atmosphere of ambiguity and quickly changing priorities. New ideas and data pump you up rather than wear you out even if they challenge the work you have already completed
- Experience in, and passion for, engaging and uniting interdisciplinary teams around a common vision
- Experience running A/B and multivariate tests using customer data to drive decision-making including the willingness to continuously question your assumptions
It would also be great if you have:
- Consulting experience at a big name firm
- Experience in a fast-moving, high-growth startup culture
- An MBA from a top tier institution
- Experience with online marketplaces
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)