Marketing Communications Manager (CRM)
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We're looking for an ambitious marketer with a focus on communications and CRM to help take our growth to the next level. You will become a key member of the marketing team and have the opportunity to shape our B2C proposition. In particular, you will:
- Own end to end communications with our customers from website content to social to email and more
- Manage all aspects of our transactional emails understanding the right time to speak to customers and what to tell them
- Develop a promotional email strategy focused on both new customer acquisition and retention for existing customers
- Take ownership of Drover's content strategy, defining the pillars for content and understanding how we can leverage content to fuel growth
- Understand how communications impact our sales and resolve customer pain points by using the right messages
After your first 6 months, success would look like the following:
- You have had a significant impact on our CPA and funnel metrics by developing and implementing a best in class communications strategy
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the Drover customer, and how car subscriptions help to solve challenges in their lives
- Will have ensured that we have a best in class communications tech platform and worked with internal teams to make changes if required
- An exceptional communicator with previous experience developing cross channel communications for complex products.
- Previous experience with email marketing software such as Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor.
- Experience working closely with visual design teams to align how a brand or product is represented across multiple mediums.
- You’re comfortable working hands-on but have the ability to take a step back and think strategically
- While you don’t need to be an SQL whiz (although it would help), you are comfortable with data and can easily build reports and work with spreadsheets
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in a beautiful part of Lisbon here
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest down, where next...?)