E-Commerce Pricing Manager
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
As our E-Commerce Pricing Manager, you will be responsible for making sure we have the optimal inventory on the platform, all at the right price. You will be driving what vehicles are on the website and effectively 'trade' vehicles in order to optimise conversion. In particular, you will:
- Truly understand our marketplace dynamics, understanding what is trading well, what not so well and where the gaps may be
- Test different pricing strategies with existing inventory to understand marketplace dynamics and increase conversion
- Work with the Fleet Partnerships team to set out platform vehicle mix requirements, quantities and locations i.e. category, make, model, colour, transmission
- Provide ad-hoc support in the provision of platform recommended pricing to potential and current fleet partners
- Work closely with the data, operations and tech teams across a range of special projects i.e. automate pricing recommendations
- Highly analytical with the unique ability to spot hidden trends and insights
- Excel proficient and familiar with SQL (a plus)
- Very proactive and able to work with limited direction, comfortable with ambiguity
- Commercially minded with a 'sixth sense' in understanding what the deal needs to be
- Previous pricing/leasing/analyst experience and/or experience working at an e-commerce tech company in a relevant role (a plus)
- A genuine passion for cars (a plus)
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)