Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
As our VP Operations, you will:
- coach, mentor and assume the line management of our Sales, Customer Experience and Operations teams comprising 30+ Drover team members;
- report directly to the CEO, owning and reporting on a number of our most important KPIs;
- review, challenge, flow-chart and redesign our operating processes, implement scalable workflows to improve margins and overall scalability;
- identify where automation could move the needle on operating performance and push for necessary product features and improvements, working closely with the Product team to translate your vision into user stories and product designs;
- roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty when your teams need you; and
- participate in the recruitment, onboarding and training of new team members.
Are you a rare-breed generalist leader who’s both an amazing communicator and a great analytical mind comfortable with data and process design? Keep reading!
- Bachelor’s Degree (min. 2:1 or equivalent) from a top tier academic institution
- 8+ years of experience in general management or operations at a high-growth b2c tech startup OR 5+ years of management consulting experience gained at a top institution plus 3+ years of startup or industry experience
- Solid experience managing teams of 10+
- Experience successfully working within a geographically dispersed team
- An analytical mindset evidenced by a significantly above average command of Excel and SQL and a track record of data-driven decision making
- The demonstrated ability to define, analyse, challenge or be challenged on KPIs
- Experience in, and passion for, engaging and uniting interdisciplinary teams around a common vision; a sports coach’s ability to spark infectious, cult-like excitement for the ultimate objective
- The sort of personality who thrives in an atmosphere of ambiguity and quickly changing priorities. New ideas and data pump you up rather than wear you out even if they challenge the work you have already completed.
Ideally, you will also have:
- an MBA from a top business school
- experience in the mobility industry
- experience managing and scaling multi-disciplinary teams
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)