Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
As our VP Product, you’ll take complete ownership of all things product at Drover. You'll rethink our approach to product and set a new, bold, ambitious vision: we want to build something extraordinary, a breath of fresh air in the cluttered automotive space. Our mission is to be known for the quality of our digital user experience and you will be spearheading this effort. You will rely on our Product & Design team to achieve your vision through thoughtful leadership.
- Proven experience in online product management in a senior leadership role (Director / VP / C-suite) at a high growth tech company widely recognised for its top-notch digital product
- Solid team management experience
- Proven experience in setting and overseeing the execution of product strategy across multiple feature teams
- An impressive ability to present a bold product vision and spark an infectious, cult-like excitement for the outcome among all stakeholders
- Very strong analytical and technical skills with an ability to define, analyse, challenge or be challenged on metrics that measure the success of products
- The sort of personality who thrives in an atmosphere of ambiguity and quickly changing priorities
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed product & engineering team - ideal but not essential
- An MBA from a top tier institution - ideal but not essential
- Experience with online marketplaces and/or the mobility space - ideal but not essential
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people.” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A solid salary and options package
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension and cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- VitalityHealth insurance
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays