People Partner (HR Business Partner)
Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
To fuel business growth, we have significantly expanded the Drover team over the last few months and we are now looking for a People Partner to help them succeed here. Alongside Dan, our VP People & Talent, Vero and Catia, your primary goal will be to create an enviable employee experience for every member of our team. You will constantly juggle multiple responsibilities, making sure the wheels keep turning - as well as adding new wheels as we scale. The following are examples of what you can expect to get involved in:
- develop a relationship with company leadership so they trust your counsel when it comes to leadership and employee relations
- help us upgrade our new hire on-boarding experience to rival the likes of Google and Netflix;
- help run our HRIS HiBob, creating and updating HR policies as our needs evolve
- run our performance review process;
- help embed OKRs into the company’s DNA
- 2-3 years of HR / People Ops experience: ideally you have seen what good HR looks like at scale in a large company and then made your mark in a smaller organisation
- You have a genuine passion for HR
- You thrive in an unstructured environment and don’t mind ambiguity or changing priorities
- A people person with excellent communication and relationship-building skills: you love working with and helping people
- A degree in HR - preferred
- Experience with employee relations and/or HR operations - preferred
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)