Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
We are looking for a VP Engineering to lead our engineering team spread across Lisbon and London. Working alongside our CTO and CEO, you will be the most senior leader in our engineering organisation with the following mission:
- you'll review our delivery processes and unblock communication issues to boost productivity and efficiency
- you'll hire a set of Engineering Managers and work with them to provide thoughtful leadership and mentorship to the team
- you'll help raise Drover’s profile in the tech community through meetups, hackathons
- take ownership of tech hiring in both London and Lisbon
Based in London, you'll spend 20-30% of your time in Lisbon.
- Multiple years of software development experience which has helped you acquire technical depth that earns the respect of senior developers
- Proven experience managing high-performing engineering teams dispersed across geographies, ideally at a high growth tech startup/scaleup
- A passion for world-class people leadership
- Entrepreneurial working style: you’re excited to set your own agenda and run your own show
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constantly changing priorities
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A globally competitive salary and significant options package
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regent's Canal
- Free snacks and breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)