Expansion Associate, France
Drover is a UK venture capital-backed marketplace startup offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
We’re launching our service in France very shortly in partnership with a well-known car manufacturer and are looking for our first French hire.
As Expansion Associate, France, you will report directly to the Country Manager and play a key role in launching and scaling our French business. The ideal profile is someone who is not afraid to get all hands on deck, who enjoys putting out fires and touching all parts of the business, but is also analytical and a structured thinker. You will get the unique opportunity to participate in building and growing a business from scratch.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Manage booking and delivery of cars on our platform coordinating closely with our supply and delivery partners
- Make the right call on which customers we rent cars to through careful due diligence and structured analysis
- Identify bottlenecks and points of inefficiency in operational processes; create action plans to solve and improve these issues
- Intervene in and contribute to other areas of the business as and when (could be writing marketing copy, meeting new suppliers, sourcing new tech partners to integrate, etc.)
- Be the right hand of the Country Manager
- Bachelors / Masters degree from a top university / grande école
- You will have 1-2 years of professional experience ideally in a high growth startup or Management Consulting - but we’re open to other profiles too
- Native French, excellent spoken and written English
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunity to play an integral part of building the French business from scratch. Happy to roll up your sleeves and get sh*t done!
- Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity / changing priorities
- Analytical with strong knowledge of Excel - SQL desirable
- Familiarity with the world of cars - nice to have but not essential
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s most exciting companies (Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, Goldman Sachs)
- A real ground floor opportunity - you will be building our French business from scratch
- Fancy equipment
- 25 days’ holiday plus all public holidays
- Private health insurance
- Highly generous parental leave policy
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)